Roosevelt School, home of over 400 Roosevelt Tigers, opened its doors in 1926, and the interior has been extensively remodeled. Roosevelt Grammar School was the first name of our school. Since then, many additions and renovations have been done to the school. The original building had 12 classrooms, a nurse's office, an office, and a work room for the teachers. Roosevelt now has 20 classrooms, a reading interventionist office, a counselor's office, a library, and an expanded school office.
The Roosevelt attendance area is large, not only encompassing the area around the school, but extending to the east side of Fourth Avenue and busing students in from Highway 95. It’s a happy place where fun and learning go hand in hand. Our students, teachers, and staff have worked extremely hard to become a "performing" school as rated by the Arizona Department of Education. This means that we have met state performance and progress goals, and we have made adequate growth during the past three years.
The Roosevelt community is dedicated to challenge and empower students to take ownership of their learning, to work effectively with teachers, parents, and each other, proficiently using technology to become successful life-long learners.
Our School Rules:
- Be Safe
- Be Responsible
- Be Respectful
Roosevelt Bullying Prevention Rules:
- We will not bully others.
- We will try to help students who are being bullied.
- We will include others who are left out.
- We will tell an adult at school and an adult at home when we know someone is being bullied.
We wear the following uniforms:
- Navy Blue Polo Shirts for all Boys and Girls
- Navy Blue or Khaki Pants, Shorts, Skorts, Skirts, Jumpers, Dresses
- Tennis Shoes, Buckled Sandals with no more than 1/2 inch heels
- NO Flip Flops (this is a safety issue)